Affecting by the disparity of global economic development, the imbalanced distribution of cancer nursing education resources is a fact. There are insufficient cancer textbooks in low and middle-income countries.
Based on the achievements of the 1st book donation activity, the 2nd book donation activity aims to provide texts to nurses in low and middle-income countries who do not have adequate access to new/relatively new cancer nursing materials.
- Recorded the information of book donators and recipients on the book donation information form.
- This 2nd book donation activity was greatly supported by all the ISNCC members and participants of ICCN 2018 with 56 textbooks in English and 15 textbooks in Chinese donated to nurses from underdeveloped areas, e.g. Kenya,Tonga, Uganda,South Africa , Zambia, Brazil, Nepal,Ghana,India, Indonesia, western region of China.
- The contents of books covered: Clinical Guidelines for Cancer Care, Evidence-based Cancer Care, Cancer Palliative Care Handbook, Vascular Access Devices Guidelines for Cancer, Cancer Targeted Medicine Care, Quality Control of Cancer Care, etc.
- Traced the influence of book donation and invited some of the recipients to write blogs regarding their feelings and thoughts towards this activity.
- Promote the sharing of educational resources.
- Advance the development of cancer care in underdeveloped areas.
- Enhance the internal and external communication of ISNCC.
- Dedicate love to cancer nurses in need globally.