The International Society of Nurses in Cancer Care (ISNCC), founded in 1984, is an international federation of National Cancer Nursing Societies. Globally ISNCC represents nurses from 80 countries. ISNCC’s mission is to lead the global community to reduce the burden of cancer and that nurses worldwide are vital and central leaders in cancer care and control. As an international society the ISNCC will develop and engage nurse leaders and influence global health policy. With our global mission the ISNCC is pleased to announce its new Global Citizen Program.
The Global Citizen
ISNCC has recently launched the Global Citizen program at the International Conference on Cancer Nursing (ICCN) 2018 in Auckland, New Zealand. The program recognizes nurses or other professionals, whether or not they are members of their national society, who wish to support the ethos, objectives, strategy and philanthropic goals of the ISNCC. The program provides various contribution options and benefits to the global community.
ISNCC Global Citizens have access to exclusive functions, benefits and offers including:
- Attendance at the President’s Social at the International Conference on Cancer Nursing (available for Silver and above Global Citizens)
- Recognition on the ISNCC website and at the International Conference on Cancer Nursing (ICCN)
- Opportunity to support an ISNCC scholarship to enable nurses from low resource countries attend ICCN
- Acknowledgement of your contribution, including provision of an ISNCC Global Citizen Ribbon (available at ICCN)
- Mentoring opportunities
- Electronic subscription to Cancer Nursing, ISNCC’s official journal, a bimonthly publication that addresses the whole spectrum of problems arising in the care and support of cancer patients
- Participation (non-voting) in the Annual General Business Meeting
- Networking opportunities through participation in society activities such as the International Conference on Cancer Nursing, educational and research initiatives, workshops, task forces, committees, and joint initiatives with other international health groups
How do I become an ISNCC Global Citizen and support ISNCC to achieve its Mission?
You can now become an ISNCC Global Citizens! The ISNCC has established a tiered annual contribution structure to allow you to contribute according to your circumstances and preference. The funds raised through the Global Citizen contributions are used to support ISNCC’s work, including contributions to Scholarships and Organizational Memberships for low resource countries.