Be a writing mentor for an international colleague!
The ISNCC Editorial Assistance Program (EAP) is a new program that aims to mobilize volunteers to provide editorial support to authors from a non-English speaking background in preparation of their manuscript towards submission to a peer-reviewed journal. This initiative forms part of ISNCC’s efforts to enhance knowledge dissemination at a global level.
ISNCC is seeking Volunteer Language Advisors (VLA) for the initial pilot trial of the program in 2020. Each VLA will be called ONCE to assist an author or a team of authors to provide English language editorial support towards ONE manuscript. Prospective authors need to have a manuscript related to cancer control currently in progress.
- Eligibility criteria for the VLA:
- be a member or global citizen of ISNCC;
- be proficient in the English language;
- have published at least 3 articles in peer-reviewed journals;
- be committed to assisting the author(s) to complete the manuscript over a period of 3-6 months; and
- agree to not be named as an author on the paper for which he/she is providing language or editing support; however, acknowledgment of the VLA’s support in the publication might be appropriate.
To express interest, please fill in this short expression of interest form. For more information or to obtain a volunteer application, contact Professor Ray Chan via email Raymond.Chan@qut.edu.au. The deadline for Expressions of Interest is 22nd November 2019.
ISNCC Knowledge Development and Dissemination Committee